On Tuesday, October 4th I will be part of a panel at Mercer University School of Law. The panel discussion will explore the differences between President Obama and President Bush’s national security policies, specifically as they relate to counterterrorism. Some issues we will explore are:
- Commentary on how successful the current program has been in achieving its objectives
- Changes that might need to be implemented to make the terror policy more effective and/or efficient
- Specific weaknesses that make the program less effective than it might otherwise be
- The continued viability, legality, and future of holding terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay and even other “black sites” in some European nations
- How do we balance the needs to secure ourselves with the freedoms we enjoy as citizens.