Jim Carafano at The Heritage Foundation has posted a copy of his insightful testimony before Congress entitled “Moving Beyond the First Five Years: Solving the Department of Homeland Security’s Management Challenges.” His key recommended priorities include:
- Consolidating congressional oversight of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS);
- Passing homeland security authorization legislation to better structure the department’s oversight role; and
- Restraining further major organizational changes within the department.
- Establishing the national homeland security enterprise; and
- Improving federal interagency operations.