11 Best Revenue Operations Software for Startups
Revenue Operations (RevOps) is a critical aspect of any business that wants to scale in today’s market. It includes customer success, revenue intelligence, and other activities that help increase customer satisfaction and drive revenue growth.
And to streamline the process, businesses are turning to revenue operations software to manage and upgrade their revenue operations. For startups, having the right software to support revenue operations can be a game-changer. They can maximize revenues while minimizing costs.
We’ve curated a list of the 11 best revenue operations software for startups to enable you to succeed in a competitive market. We’ll provide an overview of each software, the benefits, and pricing, to help you make an informed decision when you’re set to get one for your business.
Let’s dive into the world of revenue operations software.
What’s the Best Revenue Operations Software for Startups?
The best revenue operations software for startups should automate several processes, including revenue intelligence and customer success. It should also provide insights into customer experience and what strategies work best for increased deal sizes.
There are several revenue operations software on the market, so you may get confused about which one to choose. So, my team has selected the top three best revenue operations software for startups and included an overview of some other great selections below.
The three revenue operations software highlighted as the best here combine some of the best all-around qualities, ranging from pipeline management, task automation, and forecasting accuracy. These are Gong, Clari, and Revenue Grid.
The Top 11 Best Revenue Operations Software for Startups
Gong captures data from all touchpoints, including phone calls, emails, and video calls, and makes accurate predictions using its superhuman ability. And with the power of AI, Gong analyzes interactions with customers to deliver meaningful insights for pipeline management.
Gong offers in-depth visibility into teams’ performance, market trends, and deals for enhanced productivity. This revenue operations software can grow your numbers in record time.
- Create predictable revenue using insights from your existing tools.
- Roll up accurate forecasts in minutes and save more time.
- Automate daily tasks from one dashboard, such as drafting emails and updating CRM fields.
- Get real-time account engagement signals to know the right time and channel to communicate with customers.
- Gong ensures you don’t miss critical actions, such as nudging prospects who haven’t replied, follow-up call reminders, and no-next-meeting alerts.
- Analyze the soft skills of frontline managers and encourage them to coach sales and marketing teams.
- Customer success teams can identify growth and reduce churn.
- Integrates with over 100 tools, such as Slack, Google Workspace, Salesforce, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Gong offers a customized pricing model based on certain factors like the size of your team and the number of features you want. But there’s no extra charge for integrations. To get started, you’ll fill out a form on the website and submit your work email so the company can contact you.
Do you want to identify live market trends, automate reminders, and pull out instant metrics from your sales funnel? Or do you need accurate forecasts to make investment decisions?
Whether you’re a revenue operations leader, a sales manager, or a member of the sales enablement team, Gong takes away the guesswork and grants instant visibility into the market, your team, and deals.
You can request a demo to see how your team can benefit from Gong.
Clari is a revenue collaboration and governance platform for achieving real revenue precision and gaining insight into pipeline data to see your business’s risks and opportunities. Its revenue operations software pulls pieces of revenue data into a single source and applies machine learning to deliver actionable insights to finance teams.
Because every iota of revenue is critical to the success of your business, Clari helps you find out how much revenue you’re leaking. You’ll also get customized solutions for your peculiar situation.
- Break the silos and automatically capture data across departments, from emails, phone calls, and other conversations.
- By streamlining your revenue workflow, you’ll get complete visibility into the entire revenue process for continuous success.
- Scalable and automated forecast processes that let you see critical revenue data.
- Revenue intelligence for monitoring visibility and productivity across teams.
- Sales pipeline management enables businesses to spot risks and ongoing deals.
- Access actionable sales analytics for better business decision-making.
- With account engagement, you’ll monitor the accounts of prospects and customers to reduce churn and foster healthy relationships.
- Automatically update your CRM to reduce the stress of manual data entry and access more accurate customer data.
Clari doesn’t mention its pricing, but you can contact sales to request a demo.
If you’re tired of experiencing revenue leaks and want forecasting accuracy across teams, market segments, and product lines, then Clari is for you.
Sales reps, managers, and top executives can rely on Clari’s revenue operations software to launch revenue processes, operate accurately, and win more deals. You can check out Clari’s revenue intelligence platform and get started with the revenue leak assessment calculator.
3. Revenue Grid
Revenue Grid is a sophisticated revenue intelligence platform designed to elevate your sales process and empower your sales teams to achieve success. By leveraging advanced technology, Revenue Grid automatically captures customer data across all touchpoints, generates high-quality leads, delivers comprehensive visibility into pipeline processes, and provides expert guidance to optimize sales performance. With its powerful capabilities, Revenue Grid is poised to transform the way sales teams operate and drive revenue growth for businesses of all sizes.
Revenue leaders can now identify and eliminate revenue leaks using sales insights. Also, with guided selling, your team’s sales productivity will improve.
- With Revenue Grid’s revenue pipeline management tool, you can quickly understand whether deals are stalled, progressing, or at risk without interrogating the sales reps.
- Get interactive AI guidance from best practices to get your deals back on track.
- Track customer engagement timelines and gain a better understanding of communication dynamics with leads.
- Improve forecast accuracy with data-based revenue projections.
- Apply sales forecasting to determine annual, quarterly, or monthly sales projections.
- Connect your tools and systems like Slack, Zoom, Stripe, and Eventbrite.
- Gain complete visibility into your sales reps’ activities to see the top performers.
- Create instant notifications that alert sales teams of the next steps to take in a sales process.
- Improve productivity by tracking email conversations and relevant Salesforce data without switching between your inbox and Salesforce.
Revenue Grid offers three packages: productivity, engagement, and intelligence. Although the prices aren’t stated on the website, you can request a quote to find out which package is best for your business.
Revenue Grid is ideal for the sales and revenue operations teams, sales leaders, and sales contributors. Customer success teams can also utilize the revenue intelligence platform to understand customers better, leading to customer satisfaction.
Revenue Grid offers a 14-day free trial, and you don’t have to input your card details to get started. So, you can check out the revenue intelligence features with no strings attached. Also, you can book a free demo, and the sales team will be in touch.
Groove is a sales engagement platform that empowers sales teams to build stronger customer relationships and close more deals. It also allows revenue teams to close more revenue across every department in an enterprise.
Groove integrates with Salesforce and supports businesses’ customization, security, and scalability needs. As a result, you don’t have to learn how to use a complex tool to modernize your processes.
- Your sales calls are recorded, transcribed, and analyzed to provide sales and revenue operations teams insight into activities and opportunities to close more deals.
- The platform automatically captures activities within your LinkedIn sales navigator, email, calendars, and phone calls, then logs them to Salesforce without stressing your customer success teams.
- View email template performances and get recommendations with AI-powered sentiment analysis messaging.
- Take Groove everywhere you go by downloading the mobile app. It offers all the features you’ll get from the web version.
- Improve forecast accuracy as Groove integrates with Salesforce to ensure real-time access to comprehensive data.
- Interactive pipeline management to enhance collaboration among sales reps and sales managers.
- Access advanced ROI reporting to optimize revenue performance.
- Set up meetings with clients and prospects with a schedular link instead of multiple emails and meeting reminders.
Their website doesn’t mention pricing, but you can contact the sales team to get the information.
If your team uses Salesforce, you may want to explore Groove. It’s more than just revenue operations software. It also offers marketing automation to boost sales productivity. You can request a demo or check out the free trial to get a feel of the platform.
5. Mediafly Intelligence360
Formerly known as Insights Squared, Mediafly Intelligence360 is a sales enablement and revenue intelligence platform. It offers flexible solutions for pipeline management, forecasting, customer data analysis, and actionable insights. Revenue leaders can access real-time analytics to make informed business decisions.
- Integrates with your tech stack to break down silos between sales activity data, content engagement, and buyer intent.
- Beyond sales meetings, capture customer data across all touchpoints effortlessly via machine learning and automation.
- Gain complete visibility into the customer journey for forecast accuracy and healthy sales pipeline management.
- Increase win rates with prescriptive recommendations from identified buyer behavior patterns.
- Effective content management tool for consistency in brand messaging. You’ll also find out what content attracts customers and what doesn’t.
- Increase the productivity of your sales teams with personalized coaching and training.
- Get more qualified leads, improve customer success, and increase win rates with Mediafly’s value-selling resources.
- Mediafly integrates seamlessly with various third-party tools, including Slack, Hubspot, Outlook, and Zendesk.
Mediafly Intelligence360 offers four packages in one: Coach360, Value360, Engagement360, and Intelligence360. And the pricing for each package is available upon request.
You can pay for only what you need. But if you’re unsure of the best fit for your business, the company offers an opportunity to speak with an expert.
If you want a tool that delivers insights into all aspects of your revenue pipeline and fills the data gaps between departments in your company, Mediafly Intelligence360 is for you. It offers a mix of solutions to its revenue operations software to drive sales, productivity, and efficiency.
You can request a demo to see what the company can do for you.
BoostUp is a revenue operations and intelligence platform. It’s designed to handle complex forecasting processes, ensuring revenue leaders have accurate reports. And if you’re concerned about updating data in real time, BoostUp integrates with your CRM, allowing you to make instant changes.
- Get accurate forecasts across revenue teams from multiple data points, augmented by historical data and predictive AI algorithms.
- Receive notifications of risks early enough and recommendations for improving the outcome of deals and increasing sales.
- You’ll get a single source of truth for pipeline management from various data sources.
- Boost the activity intelligence of your sellers by monitoring their productivity levels and pairing them with coaches.
- Create a unified office front where sales leaders and reps can manage opportunities, schedule meetings, and get content recommendations and notifications of prospect activity.
- Integrates with all your sales tools, including Salesforce, HubSpot, Outreach, SalesLoft, and Seismic.
- BoostUp provides end-to-end security and privacy features for your data
There’s no mention of pricing on BoostUp’s website. But you can contact the sales team via email: email@example.com
If you want a smart way to capture activity across all platforms and convert it into revenue intelligence, BoostUp is the revenue operations software for you. You can request a demo on their homepage here.
Revenue.io is a revenue operations and intelligence platform that utilizes the power of AI to grow your pipeline, make accurate forecasts, and close more deals. It enables customer success and sales teams to hold engaging conversations, leading to better sales performance.
- Stop guessing and maximize revenue with Revenue.io’s selling engine that works exclusively with Salesforce.
- Automate sales calls, texts, emails, social engagements, and more schedules to drive conversions.
- Get your reps up to speed by using AI to teach them how to sell like an expert.
- See detailed reports of all communications and sales activities captured to discover areas of improvement.
- Integrates with sales and marketing tools to boost communication across all departments.
- Access Revenue.io’s best practices and guidance to help you get started with the speed of light.
- Capture engagements across the customer journey and transform them into actionable insights.
- At the deal stage, whether during sales meetings or calls, reps will get real-time notifications on the best action to take. These notifications are based on conversation history and other contextual factors.
- Spot neglected or risky deals to ensure opportunities get the required follow-up.
Revenue.io offers four pricing plans: Core, Professional, Pro Plus, and Elite.
Core is the basic plan, while Professional and Pro Plus build on it to offer more features. However, if you want to enjoy the complete solution that Revenue.io offers, you should subscribe to the Elite plan.
To get information about the price tag, you’ll fill out a form indicating your business email so the company can contact you.
Whether you’ve got a sales, customer success, or productivity problem, Revenue.io can help you. There’s no need to move from one tool to another trying to fix your data hygiene, especially as your startup may have a limited budget.
Revenue.io is also suitable for c-suite revenue leaders, sales and marketing leaders, and revenue operations teams. You can watch a demo or book a live one to get a feel of the revenue operations software.
Outreach is a sales execution platform that helps sales teams to drive more revenue by efficiently creating and closing more pipelines with accurate predictions. It streamlines the sales process into an intelligent workflow, ensuring no data gets siloed. As a result, your company will reduce its risks and costs while maximizing revenue.
- Automate workflows and move deals to the next level using AI-backed insights.
- Empower reps to sell faster using best practices and proven playbooks.
- Inspect pipeline health and resolve risks before they become real problems.
- Access rich data sets from other B2B companies for better insights throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Automatic forecast roll-up for all teams, providing consistency so revenue operations can focus on Go-to-Market strategies and sellers can drive more deals.
- Leverage the scenario planner to understand how changes in sales velocity, win rates, contract volume, and pipeline volume can affect your forecast.
- Forget about incomplete CRM data, as Outreach automatically collects and analyzes significant deal signals from all communications.
- Outreach supports over 90 integrations, including Crunchbase, SugarCRM, Big Picture, HubSpot, and Salesforce.
To access Outreach pricing information, you must fill out a form on the website, inputting your work email and country.
Outreach offers conversation intelligence, sales productivity, and revenue operations on one platform, ensuring that your company builds a better pipeline, engages more buyers within a short time frame and accesses accurate forecasts for sustainable growth.
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, you should check out Outreach. You can book a demo to see how the revenue operations software has been helping businesses close more deals and forecast more wins.
Aviso is an AI-guided revenue operations software that merges the workflows of revenue teams into a single workspace. This integration ensures your company closes more deals, increases win rates, and generates more revenue. Although the platform appears complex, you’re assured of accurate forecasts and ROI within a short period.
- Say goodbye to spreadsheets and access comprehensive reports and visual revenue metrics at the tip of your fingers for 98% forecast accuracy.
- Reps can leverage the power of emotion and sentiment analysis to communicate effectively during sales calls.
- Capture customer intent from all touchpoints through conversation intelligence, enabling you to prioritize the best deals.
- Discover deep insights into buyer personas, enabling marketing teams to identify where a customer is in their journey.
- Get a visual picture of all seller and buyer engagements so that you can monitor the health of your revenue pipeline and build an agile organization.
- Aviso automatically updates your CRM so you can shift your focus from revenue data to building a lasting relationship with buyers.
- With NLP-based insights, you’ll identify winning sales strategies and coach the entire team to boost the ramp rate.
- The platform has pipeline acceleration abilities for assessing the quality of a pipeline and building a new one for future quarters.
Aviso offers two pricing tiers: virtual selling and enterprise solutions.
- The virtual selling solution offers conversational intelligence and AI collaboration features such as sentiment analysis, screen sharing, and smart transcripts.
- The enterprise solution offers everything in the virtual selling solution, plus more revenue operations and intelligence solutions.
The pricing information is available upon request and depends on the number of users.
Using Aviso is a sure way to ensure nothing is slipping through the cracks, especially when your company has many deals to manage. So, if you want to stay ahead of the competition and train your reps to work smarter, this revenue operations software is the way to go.
You may want to schedule a demo to see how your business can benefit from using Aviso.
Kluster is a revenue analytics and forecasting tool that enables B2B SaaS companies to maximize revenue generation. It offers over 95% forecast accuracy, and reps can close deals within a few weeks. The platform is updated daily to reflect the workflow of top scorers in the industry, enabling you to copy strategies and beat your targets.
- Access in-depth pipeline visibility so that you can know the health of deals.
- Spot critical moments and get recommendations for making better business decisions.
- Utilize forecasting processes and techniques to make accurate predictions that you can be proud of.
- No need to analyze data or build reports as Kluster offers live interactive dashboards that make meetings easy.
- Discover your areas of strengths and weaknesses with Kluster’s trend aggregator that analyzes your previous performances. This is a sure way to find out why you lost some deals.
- Build a pipeline and convert at your set time using target planning.
- Improve the productivity of leaders and reps using results-driven coaching sessions.
- Kluster plugs into your CRM, so you don’t have to learn how to use a new tool.
No pricing information is available on their website, but a free trial is available.
Revenue teams designed Kluster for everyone in revenue operations, including revenue leaders and professionals. So, if you’re tired of qualitative and unmeasurable results, Kluster offers action-driven insights.
You can check out the free trial. But you’ll have to book a 45-minute session with a contact person so the company can know more about your business and how the revenue operations tool can help you.
People.ai is a revenue intelligence software that utilizes the power of AI to unlock growth opportunities for every account. It unifies the activities of buyers and sellers into one platform, creating a playbook that assists teams in hitting revenue targets every quarter.
- Capture and leverage high-quality data for pipeline management.
- Automate data entry and feed your CRM with relevant business data on the right contacts, accounts, and opportunities.
- Engage the right people to enhance deal execution with high ROI.
- Use machine learning to sieve personal activities and sensitive data.
- Get complete visibility into the health of accounts, discovering risks and opportunities.
- Discover activities that drive revenue and replicate them.
- Execute all your sales and marketing strategies directly in Salesforce, giving Go-to-Market teams a single source of truth.
- Streamline customer lifecycle across teams and keep your customers happy.
- Get ROI on your tech stack without purchasing too many tools.
There’s no pricing information for People.ai. However, you can make inquiries via the contact us form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If improving customer satisfaction is at the heart of your business, People.ai is your go-to tool. You can expect to break down silos and access the right accounts at the right time for more accurate forecasting and better outcomes for revenue operations teams.
You can request a demo to understand how People.ai converts engagement data into actionable insights.
What is Revenue Operations?
Revenue operations are the platforms that maximize a business’ revenue potential by integrating customer success, sales, and marketing operations. These departments operate independently, concentrating on their own growth instead of working to achieve a common goal. As a result, siloes are formed in the organization, making it difficult to share data and insights across teams.
For instance, the sales department creates its sales targets, collects relevant data, and reports to the sales lead. Also, the marketing department creates marketing campaigns, measures the performance metrics of its marketing strategies, and then reports to the marketing lead.
This parallel structure removes the synergy that should exist between both departments. However, revenue operations bring unity to the chaos, improving customer service, better resource allocation, and more revenue for the business.
Although these departments will still carry out their daily activities independently, introducing revenue operations will ensure that silos are non-existent in an organization. This implies that everyone can now access data from all quarters.
As more business operations migrate to the internet, there’s a need to share data across all departments so that team members can understand customers’ needs and focus on delivering value to them.
Regarding sales, revenue operations track the quality of leads that go into the sales funnel and engage prospects. The process assists the sales department in closing deals faster so that it can focus on selling.
Additionally, revenue operations streamline marketing tools so marketers can access data from other departments. This will help them to discover what customers want so that they can create content that will appeal to them.
Therefore, the collaboration between sales and marketing departments will result in effective communication and value delivery, which enhances customer experience. Departments can also measure ROI with precision.
It’s important to note that sales operations aren’t the same as revenue operations. While the former focuses on sales, the latter focuses on revenue generation. However, it combines marketing, sales, finance, and customer service to achieve its aim.
Revenue operations are like the backend of the business. They capture data from all customer touchpoints, including sales operations, so the business can see where customers are in their journey. Hence, revenue operations aren’t only concerned about generating revenues; it also ensures customers are happy.
Revenue operations are built upon process, data, technology, and people.
- Process: Revenue operations streamline the functions of each team, ensuring that they work in harmony to convert high-quality leads. This results in short sales cycles, sales productivity, and higher win rates.
- Data: Data is critical to the success of every business. Therefore, revenue operations ensure that essential data is captured from all points and analyzed to draw actionable insights for strategic business decisions.
- Technology: Revenue operations utilize several tools to harmonize the activities of all teams. However, these tools should align to form a single data source that will reflect the actual state of the revenue pipeline.
- People: This is the factor that brings everything together. It refers to the team or group of people managing systems to ensure the business hits its revenue targets.
Companies now have a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) in charge of the revenue operations team. The CRO may report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The revenue operations team may include people from sales, marketing, and customer service. This may vary depending on the strategy the business employs to drive revenue. For instance, the business may focus on marketing, sales prospecting, or improving its services by cross-selling and upselling.
Whichever strategy your business uses, revenue operations aim to ensure that all factors work together to improve revenues. Some organizations utilize revenue operations software, making it easy to eliminate silos and share data efficiently.
Benefits of Investing in Revenue Operations Software
Utilizing revenue operations software offers the following benefits to your business:
- Synchronized Technology Stacks
Companies use several software solutions and digital tools to streamline workflow, collect data, and access critical information. These tools often become too many that team members don’t have the time to learn how to use them optimally.
But revenue operations software reduces the complexity, offering one tool with many functionalities. Since revenue operations unite different teams, they can all use the same tool to automate various aspects of the business. As a result, the sales department can see who the marketing department is engaging.
Marketing automation becomes easy as revenue operations software integrates with CRM, email, and other third-party tools. Leaders can spot A-players and replicate their strategies to train other team members. Everyone can collect data and utilize similar insights across teams to generate revenue.
2. Increased Customer Retention
Revenue operations work hard to unite teams so that the business can retain its customers. Because revenue operations software utilizes artificial intelligence, it can easily extract conversation insights through sentiment analysis.
These insights will help all team members to understand the needs, wants, and pain points of customers and prospects. Some revenue operations software suggests the type of words reps should use when communicating with clients.
Saying what your customers want to hear allows you to customize your offering to suit their particular situation. It makes them feel heard and converts them to paying and returning customers.
3. Accurate Forecasting
A single truth source ensures that forecasting revenue is accurate. As a result, the CFO won’t make decisions that’ll benefit only one department. Instead, all departments in the organization will be included in resource allocation. This can also boost employee satisfaction.
Driving revenue is the climax of a successful business. And revenue operations software empowers companies to operate efficiently by improving customer engagement, sales productivity, and revenue generation.
As all teams work together, sharing data and using the same insights, forecasting errors are eliminated. We shared the 11 best revenue operations software for startups and their benefits. With this information, you can easily select one that suits your business.
Gregory S. McNeal
Along with being a successful entrepreneur, I am a tenured Professor of Law and Public Policy at Pepperdine University. I teach courses related to technology, law, and policy, and serve as a faculty member with the Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship.
Material Connection: Some of the links in posts on this site are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, my company will receive an affiliate commission. This disclosure is required by the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”